Greenwich incorporates in its company DNA the fundamental values, principles and objectives of a roadmap designed to achieve environmental, social and economic sustainability.
Our commitment to sustainability, as well as being reflected in the policies and actions that underpin our activities daily, is externally propagated through our wide range of services intended to assist investors, developers, planners and companies to evolve towards sustainable and innovative business models.
Sustainability is fundamental not only to our operational purpose, but also to our programme of healthy and sustainable growth. It is something we are integrating into our business and strategy because we believe it will make us a stronger and more resilient company.
Thank you for your interest in Greenwich and our ESG commitment.
Mario Angelo Pinoli, CEO
Our commitment to the 2030 agenda
The actions implemented by Greenwich for People and the Planet, as well as all the services offered to its Clients, are actively contributing to the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). In 2015, 193 member countries of the United Nations signed up to the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, a plan of 17 global goals aimed at promoting human well-being and protecting the environment. Our vision and goals can be related specifically to the following SDGs:
According to the 17th Sustainable Development Goal ‘Partnerships for the Goals’, Greenwich joins and actively cooperates with national and international networks of companies that share values and principles in favour of the environment and people:
Greenwich joined the UN Global Compact
The UN Global Compact supports companies to lead their business in a responsible manner by aligning their strategies and operations with the ten core principles of human rights, labour, environment and anti-corruption.
Greenwich is a member of US Green Building Council
US Green Building Council is a non-profit association that promotes sustainability starting from the design, construction and various phases of use of buildings. USBCG is best known for developing the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) rating system.
Greenwich is a proud member of Green Building Council Italia
Green Building Council Italia (GBC Italia) is a no-profit association whose members include the most competitive companies and the most qualified Italian professional associations and communities.
Greenwich joined the Italian Alliance for Sustainable Development
The Italian Alliance for Sustainable Development (ASVIS) was created to spread the culture of sustainable development, in particular by raising awareness of the importance of the 2030 Agenda and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) among Italian society, economic and social actors, and institutions.
What ESG means in Greenwich
- Carbon Footprint: in 2022, we have calculated the direct and indirect (Scope 1, 2 and 3) greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions related to our activities through the expertise of Team Greenwich.
- ISO 14001 Management System: in 2022, we acquired ISO 14001 certification for our Environmental Management System, thus complementing our system certification package that already consisted of ISO 9001 certification of the Quality Management System and 45001 certification of the Occupational Health and Safety Management System.
- Diversity and Inclusion: Greenwich is a competent, credible and innovative company to work with. We believe in and embrace the power of diverse spirits and cultures. We are committed to fostering a culture in which every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives, and which reflects the world around us. We believe that a diverse, fair and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and offers the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company values and our responsibility to leave the world a better place.
- Training and human capital development: we invest in our employees to ensure they have the knowledge, skills and competencies required by the market. Our success is measured by the positive impact we have on people, our communities and the world through our constant focus on environmental, social and regulatory progress. Employees have the opportunity to participate physically or virtually in training experiences. Greenwich bases the company’s management structure on the principle of methodological innovation and the continuous accreditation of specialised personnel to be competent in providing innovative solutions that adhere to the needs of each client.
- ISO 45001 Management System: for several years now, we have been implementing an ISO 45001-certified Occupational Health and Safety Management System that allows us to improve safety, reduce risks in the workplace and improve the health and well-being of workers.
- Organisational Model 231: Greenwich has implemented an Organisational Model 231, defining a complete and effective control system internal to the company.
- Code of Ethics: we have gathered and formalised in our Code of Ethics, the principles and values characterizing and guiding Greenwich in the management of its activities.
Read the Code of Etics
- Anti-Corruption Policy: As part of an ethical and transparent approach, the company has drawn up and formalised a specific policy to contrast possible corruption events, aligning itself with the principles of the UN Global Compact and the Sustainable Development Goals.
Read the Anti-corruption Policy